Tuesday, 13 December 2016

A few small jobs

img_2166

Did some random jobs today... first I spackled the corner of the bay where there was an incorrectly cut piece provided in the kit. I just need to wait for it to dry, sand it and repeat. I don't need to be too precise as there will be a corbel over this area. But I do want to make it at least good enough that it's not noticeable when the whole house is together.

img_2425

I made another wooden wall. This one with the door at the other end (front of dollhouse not rear)... I'm still undecided as to where to place the door on the first level so this gives me options. If I opt for the front, then I'll use the other wall for the second floor. If I opt for the rear, I'll use it either on the 3rd floor for the bathroom door or in the basement if I create one.

img_2133

I also punched out the rest of the windows and painted them all. Now ALL the kit windows are painted completely. I am considering adding some more windows. One in the side wall of the kitchen above the sink, possibly a dormer in the attic bathroom to gain some floor space and if I build a basement garage as I would like to, I would add up to 3 windows on that level.... we shall see what eventuates! :D

img_2157

No comments:

Post a Comment