Wednesday, 1 March 2017

The Dining Room is coming together.

img_2634

So this is the latest dry-fit of the dining room. I think it's coming along nicely.

The coffee stirrer floors have been cut and attached to their template. They are bare wood right now but will likely be whitewashed or painted white and the substantially distressed.

img_2626

The stairs fit... just! the hole and chiselled channel are for the wiring for the porch light. I need to run some crack filler around the staircase hole and sand and paint it I also need to trim out my stairs with bracket detail and a stringer board against the wall.

img_2624

Testing out the fireplace in situ. The chimney breast still needs to be wallpapered.

img_2622

The firebox needs grouting and some more paint washes. I might coat the mantel in a wash of white chalk paint also.. it's looking a little grubby.

img_2621

I also need to make the marble hearth (just a paper place marker here :D ) I saw a tutorial on making marble effect out of polymer clay, so I think I'll give that a try. My back up plan is to print out a marble effect from the web. Cover a piece of mat board with it and then spray it with high gloss non yellowing varnish or coat it with modge podge.

img_2617

I still have a lot of work to do. I need to decide if I am continuing the painted wood wall all the way around the room (with the exception of the chimney breast). I also need to decide if I'm doing pressed tin look on the ceiling (I won't be doing that if all the walls are wood, I don't think. Then with those decisions made, I need to cut all the baseboard and cornice, install the lights trim out the chimney breast, doors & windows... etc, etc, etc... long way to go, but it's nice to see a room look a little bit like a room.

No comments:

Post a Comment