Friday, 4 August 2017

I wonder what's in this package? :)



I wonder what could be in this little box :)

I love it when packages arrive on the doorstep... and I've been waiting for this one for a little while now.

I finally won a miniature animal auction on eBay and my first purchase was this sweet little squirrel from Tina (teensyweensy13). Because every tree should have a resident squirrel right? :)

Oh my gosh he is so tiny! I'm in love!


Thought I'd try him out in the half finished San Franciscan tree. 



He's taking a good look around.




 He seems to like hanging out on the branches that have gigantic nuts. Squirrel heaven! :)



He has lovely detailed markings on his face, particularly around his eyes. 


 And his head turns in both directions.


 Why do you keep taking my picture!


He needs a name I feel... Something beginning with S as I'm a fan of a good bit of alliteration. :) But first I better get to work on finishing his tree!



11 comments:

  1. This is one of the MOST realistic miniature squirrels I have EVER seen! The tiny but perfectly detailed paws on this little creature are Astounding. I Absolutely LOVE him and you must be Perfectly Nutty about him too! :D

    elizabeth
    and p.s. I must also add that your photos are SPOT ON in EVERY WAY!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elisabeth. I am positively nutty about him.. pun intended. ;)

      He was surprisingly hard to photograph.. trying to get my old Iphone to focus on something so tiny was a challenge.. I'm glad to get the feed back that they have conveyed how wonderful he is.

      Delete
  2. He is an incredible squirrel! What a triumphant win! I know you will create the perfect home for him, and hopefully, also add a little bird friend for him to socialize with!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh.. good idea Jodi.. he needs a friend. I don't want him to be lonely in the tree. :)... Hmmm.. Need to build a squirrel nest in the tree.

      Delete
  3. I enjoyed this post so much! The squirrel looks so frisky and alive, and your photography captures all his antics perfectly. He's a great little guy and perfect for the San Franciscan tree. Speaking of which, I've just been reading some of your previous posts, and I'm so impressed with that tree. I've been trying some similar techniques to craft old grapevines, so it's encouraging to know that I'm possibly going to succeed. (Given enough time, patience, and fortitude.)
    Marjorie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marjorie.. That is exactly the word to capture him.. frisky! I half expect to see his tail twitch at any moment. :)
      I've just been over to your blog and you do lovely work so I'm sure your grapevines will be masterpieces!

      Delete
  4. So cute, but be careful...mini animals have a tendency to multiply! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mmmhmmm... There might be a couple of others crossing the pacific as I type. :D

      Delete
  5. So perfect for your tree! My number one miniature wishlist item is a mini furred animal. So excited to see what others you have on their way ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah! He's adorable! I think I may be suffering from cuteness overload! :-) Seriously, the detail is amazing (and the pictures are very good, too). My spouse names all the squirrels that visit our yard "Screwy," but I don't think that fits this little guy. He actually has quite an intelligent little face.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello, I just discovered your blog. You have some great projects going. Keep up the good work! Troy

    ReplyDelete